Friday 20 April 2012

Coursework: Written Evaluation

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

My product uses most of the Forms and Conventions of a real media product, the editing of my video has been done with a sensitivity to the tempo and mood of the music playing. For example the start of the video there is a slow piano instrumental consisting of chords being played and held, this is quite a slow tempo so therefore I placed a slow piece of video within this slot, I had a clip of Abbie walking past some children and continue to follow her until the lyrics start.
The genre of my Musician is present within the video, mostly of course through Mise-En-Scene, many of his other music videos are in the street, and urban areas as that is where he can relate to the most. My video is set in such areas, something that the general public can relate to and recognise.
The camerawork also helps to show the genre of the Musician aswell, I did not use a tripod for any of the filming and this is present in some of the shaking and movement of the video. This type of filming makes the video much more personal to the viewer, they feel almost as though they are looking at it through the eyes of another person.

How effective is the combination of your main products and ancillary texts?
As I mentioned in the product and brand proposal I was keen to stick to the term "A Man and His Music" and also " Less is More" so I made sure that I stuck with this theme when doing all of my tasks. The digipak features silhouetted still images of clips from the music video, linking them both together. A Jimi Hendrix style black and white face of Ed Sheeran is featured on the front of the CD cover, being an iconic image associated to the single. Sticking with this Iconic image I chose to use this same image as the main focus of the promotional poster, thus linking all of my products together. I feel that sticking to the Brand and theme is something I have done well throughout this whole process, and feel happy that they are recognisable as a whole package as apposed to singular products.

What have you learnt from your audience feedback?
Regarding my digipak I relied on audience feedback to get the final image for my back cover, I produced two images and asked a few of my peers which one they preffered, and which they would be interested in if seen on the shelf in a shop.
This was the result, and therefore I listened to my consumer audience and chose the image that won unanimously as my back cover image for my digipak. 

How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

My use of new media is present within the Evaluation stage of this project, I used the popular common platform of 'Youtube' to get my music video out to the general public. This meant that it was viewable by millions of people, and also made it easier for my to show my peers and the target audience to get some feedback. I also used methods such as 'Facebook' and 'Twitter' to share my video to an even larger range of people.




How the project went?

I feel that the project as a whole went very well, I made sure that I was organised and understood what I needed to do before starting any of my tasks. I executed each task do the best ability that I could with the resources I had available to me. If I were to change anything about the project it would be to try and get better quality cameras, learn to use a higher grade of editing software so that my video can be a more professional standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment